GQF sportsman vs Dickey incubators?

WHISTLER

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Woodbury, Minnesota
hello im new here just wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference in the two different brands, besides the slight difference in price? i have a dickey now and was looking at adding another one to my inventory. thanks in advance for respones

I've had my Dickey about 2 or so weeks. Love it so far. Holds temp very nicely. I was going between the sportsman 1502 (the newer model made with plastic), but after everything i've read about the Dickeys I decided to go with one and do not regret it all all. Haven't heard anything but good things about it. I got the incubator with 3 trays and the hatching tray, also got the acrylic door. I didn't get the humidity bucket, since I dry incubate anyways. I also go the electronic thermostat. Ordered it saturday got it the following wednesday.
Birds001.jpg
010.jpg

sundown, are those the gqf trays that hold 45 eggs each or am i mistaken?, also did you have to cut them down at all because i was thinking of ordering them to increase my capacity

Quote:
I got them when I ordered the incubator from Mr Dickey. Each metal tray holds 2 plastic egg trays (which hold 48 eggs a piece). So each metal tray holds up to 96 chicken eggs. Not sure what brand the plastic trays are.

I have the exact setup as Sundown. I think I got mine just a few weeks before Sundown. I love it. Rock solid in my opinion. I do have the humidity bucket and use it. I don't really think you need it. I actually don't really need it either, but is convenient. I also pretty much dry hatch, so I keep my back vents wide open and it holds pretty steady around 35%. I used the bottom hatcher once, but actually have gotten to where I prefer transfering my eggs to my Brinsea for hatching. But the hatcher did work great!

In your picture, it appears that you are hatching your eggs in the green trays. Is that indeed what you are doing. Do they hatch OK that way. I am new to this and have always taken the eggs out of the green trays and layed them down in the hatching tray.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom