I Think It Is A Duck!! NEW PICS

turningchicken

Songster
12 Years
Jun 8, 2010
SUch a silly question since I have successfully hatched several chickens, but....I found an egg..think it is a duck egg...that was laid in a ditch. Have incubated ..candled..and all seems fine. BUT, today was the 28th day and nothing. Stopped turning after day 25. No signs of life so I put the egg in a cup of blood temperature water and it kicked. Should it be ok or does it need help. His name is LUCKY DUCK if he makes it.
Patsy

Last edited:
Thanks so much. Just feel close to the little thing since I found it like I did. Never thought it would get this far. Have kept temp like I did with regular chicken eggs. It is staying between 99.5 and 100 and humidity is around 75 to 78. Will that do?

HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT A GOOSE!! Sure hope whatever it is that it is healthy!! Don't know what I'll do with a duck, though!!

One thing I've learned is eggs never hatch on exactly THE day. I had a hatch start early and end late over 4-5 days. Last hatch started early and I was ready to call it but then the day after 21 two more chicks hatched.

I've never heard of the water thing. Seems like a good way to drown a chick/duckling. Why not just candle?

Hope all goes well

rancher

Quote:
yeah she would not want a goose you cant turn your back on them or they will bite your butt
hide.gif
and with a duck i would think the same if its a mean breed my mom would run out with the shotgun lol if it bit her
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom