Privett Hatchery?

longshot farm

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Maine
I was wondering if anyone here has ever ordered from Privett Hatchery? I found that the hatchery that I usually use doesn't have the type of layer that I want available. I was thinking about ordering from a different hatchery. I am nervous about ordering from someone I have not heard of before and if anyone has any input it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

One of the local feed store uses them. They get a good variety and the chicks have always been healthy when I got them. Don't have first hand experience with them though.

My daughter got a bunch of Barred Rock and Buff Orpington pullets from the local co-op who purchased from Privett . very nice birds! Cannot comment on shipping as I have not shipped from there, but the quality and uniformity of the stock I think would be tough to beat.

Thanks for the replies! I am planning on placing my order with them tomorrow and it includes a dozen new buff orp. pullets that will be my laying flock for the next year. I really would hate to mess it up by ordering from the wrong people
sad.png

Our feed store uses them and so many of ours have come from there. They are always healthy and actually are beautiful quality birds. I would highly recommend them, but with the caveat that I have never had to deal with them directly.

I got an order in this morning. The chicks look healthy. I ordered 119!! Im sooo addicted. One had died and one was dieing when we got them but for 119 Im thinking thats to be expected. I ordered last week. They shipped them tuesday and I picked them up at the post office this morning. Im excited to get home and play with them!! I ordered the assortments so I am still trying to figure out what I got!! I have 94 banties and 25 polish I do know that much. They are nice chicks. Good luck with your order.
yippiechickie.gif

I just got my order from Privett today and have to say I am thrilled. I ordered 100 chicks, got 4 extras. Only 3 were dead on arrival ( not bad since it's been 100+ here every day for the past week )

All the chicks are big and healthy. Order was shipped Monday and I got them Wed at 6am. I'll be using Privett again!

Just wanted to add that I received an order of Frizzles, Silkies and Black Tailed Japanese. All 36 arrived healthy but I did have two of the japs die a few days after arrival. But all have been healthy since and look forward to seeing them fully feathered. Good luck with your choices! Pete

Back
Top Bottom