Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread

Pics

brahmapapa

Songster
9 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Poestenkill NY (Averill Park address)
I am starting this thread in the hope that everyone with ongoing Brahma projects under development might have a common place to post photos share information and seek advice from each other.I know that there is a Brahma thread already in existance but i am hoping this thread will be more focused on genetics and breed improvement than the general Brahma thread. I am especially hopeful that people that have had great success with thier projects like Dan Powell, and Big Medecine and the many others will keep a close watch on posted pics offering advice on helping all of us less informed and less experienced make the best choices to achieve our goals. While I have had LF Brahmas for years, they were mostly hatchery stock. Brahma chickens are my favorite breed. I am starting to get involved with projects in several color patterns and when I am ready, it will be great to hopefully seek sound advice from knowledgable breeders. the color patterns that I am starting out with are are Partridge, Silver laced, and Blue laced red . I hope eventually to have breeding stock for all the color patterns available in LF Brahmas. Anyone with pics to share, it would be great to see what you have and where you are going with your projects. I hope we can have a robust uninhibited exchange of info here, we do all have the same goal, that of improving the breed as the target.

Here are a few of my recognised (in Britain) characters, plus a few different ones.

Blue Partridge rooster.

IMG_1286%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Red Pyle (Splash)

IMG_4682.jpg

Interesting cockerel (11.5 weeks)

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

Quote:
What are you starting with?

well i have Light Brahmas and Black Cochins so i had 2 black cochin hens in with my light brahma flock and i recieved a Big Black Boy With a Pea Comb and a Black Girl with a single comb so im gonna breed those b4 i go on with blues or lavender

Yes, vulture hocks are accepted here, and the little black and white boy has them. (Interesting as neither of his parents do!).

Good luck with the programme.

Back
Top Bottom