Weasels

JoePa

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Lehigh County Pa.
I just finished my new run - surounded the run with welded wire with poultry wire put over that - it's definitely predator proof except maybe for weasels - thought of putting hardware cloth around the bottom four feet - now the question - do weasels climb? - would they be able to climb up the other wire to get above the hardware cloth? - anybody a weasel expert? - thanks

Not sure but i know first hand they are crafty and smart and if can find a hole the diamater of a hot dog - they will get in. They are amazing little squeeze artists - squeezing them selves in. Hopefully someone will chime in if they climb or not but io wouldnt be surprised! Lost 8 chickens to a mink - not the same - but weasel like!

Yes they will climb, swim, jump two-foot spans and any hole large enough to admit a mouse can be accessed by a weasel. The one that killed my chickens came in through a hole mice had chewed under the coop door.

They cannot easily fit through chicken wire but will find away in covering the first 4 feet with hardware cloth should do the trick

other than cats and dogs anything else that kills weasels and stoats? any bird species?

they can fit through chicken wire and smaller holes than brown rats can, its impossible to keep one out almost without hardwire cloth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom