Baby bunny with a tilted head??***update with pics****

codymax2

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Liverpool, NY
Hello, I have a litter of bunnies born 8/19 and all have faired well so far. Today while out moving the tractor I saw one of the black ones looking at me with it's head tilted to one side. At first I thought he was just startled and watching what I was doing but it never stopped. I picked it up and help it head on and still tilted?? Any ideas? Is it a brain issue or maybe a vitamin defeciency? They are with Mama and nursing fine, have access to the grass, and pellets. Thanks for reading, Anne

Last edited:
A friend of mine had a rabbit once with this problem... Get it to the vet now. She thought it was vitamins and waited one extra day and all the meds hey gave her weren't enough to save her. It was some kind of virus or fungus or something of that sort that can only be treated with medication. If she starts spinning it will be harder to save her.

I think it may have an ear infection after doing some research. If so what can I use to treat him? Anyone have an idea? I don't have the means to bring it to the vet.

I was waiting for you
smile.png
I can't find anything on what to use for the poor guy
sad.png
It's not spinning in circles or anything.
Quote:
That was my very first thought!!!!! Google is your friend.

Thanks!! Seems their is no"cure" just treatment. If it's pasturella like I think. The baby is only 3 weeks, I can't safely separate it from Mama can I? To prevent spreading, or do you think it's too late! UGGG I'll see how its doing tomorrow and take some pics. Have you seen this before?

Back
Top Bottom