South Mississippi!

bantamboy93

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
Anybody interested in fixing up a Poultry swap? I'm in Pearl River County and the only swap i know of is full of traders and i don't trust my money with those people and their sick birds..

Anyways! I know of some way off... that i've heard about via craigslist. But it's too far for me to go. I'm looking for something in Pearl River County. So. All you Pearl River County People, come post on here and let's see if we can fix up a meeting to buy or sell. It could even be at someone's house if they had some spot where we could set up, haha.

Sweet. Can we kick out the traders too? lol. I hate to be ugly. Because honestly, I've bought and sold before. Trying to make a few bucks. But I refuse to sell something if it's sick. I look in the cages in these ppl's vehicle and the poor birds look half dead.

But i digress. Maybe if we get a bunch of folks together, we can figure out a place to meet. i have a couple chickens right now.. not too many to sell. A few quail possibly.

I went to the auction that was advertised on craigslist (outside Petal - more like Runnelstown). They're having another one Oct 1st.

99893_dsc09399.jpg

way too far for me.. never even heard of runnelstown. there's a sale over in Saucier. But once again, too far for me. I'm on a limited income.. lol.. i'm a college student working part time.. no way i can burn gas going way over there for birds.. which is why i'm looking to start one around here.

Eddie may be able to help you contact some people. He lives on Moeller Rd in Picayune. He's on Facebook (Eddie M.L. Smith) if you're interested in contacting him. I'd love to see a swap happen round here.

Well I've got 3 pairs of birds i want to sell. And i don't have a net... So if any of y'all happen to want some OEG, message me.
smile.png

Yesterday was the swap/sale at one of the local feed stores, i think. I remember someone telling me that. All of y'all that are familiar with picayune and would like to know about it, i can get y'all info if you message me. I haven't been there in a long time. It's kind of chaotic because it's a good size swap in a tiny parking lot. Hard to get in and out. But i remember there being good birds there. You just have to be careful of who you deal with. Example: There's a guy there that's a 'trader'. He buys and sells constantly and i've seen him there with sick birds before and at other auctions/sales. I steer clear of him. Not only because of that but also because he's a jerk. I'd like to go sell some birds there. It'd be not this coming saturday but the next. it's every other saturday. 2nd and 4th saturday of each month. Also I just heard recently that the Chicken Auction out in the Kiln, MS is opening back up at the end of October. Again, contact me for details.
smile.png

I am a licensed auctioneer in MS and am considering starting a small animal auction east of Richton. Would like anyone's input.

Rod

Back
Top Bottom