Chicken Ordinances in 95682

barnaut

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Hi all Im new here just joined tonight. I am buying my first house and my kids want chickens....almost as bad as I do
wink.png
I can't seem to find any information about the laws around here. Can somebody help point me in the right direction? I live in El dorado County in Cameron Park which is the same zip code as Shingle Springs. I know you can have chickens in Shingle but not sure about here.
Thanks again,
Bernadette

Bernadette,

I can take a look for you, I'm pretty savvy navigating codes. Do you live in unincorporated El Dorado County?

I don't think so, but the whole county is pretty unincorperated haha Thanks for the help.

Yep, I know. Big, too. I don't think there I'd a "city" of Cameron Park. I think Placerville and South Lake Tahoe are the only cities. I checked the county codes and theres nothing specifically addressing chickens. If you live on an acre or more, they permit a stable, so I think a coop would be no issue... Call the county planning department and ask! Good luck.

Ya Cameron Park isn't a 'city' it's a township...whatever that is. Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Where did you find the information about the stable tho? Might be a good jumping off point for me too.
Berndaette

Google "county of el dorado" then go to planning, then zoning. Under "residential uses". Or call them and ask for planning... Might be quicker.

[@]barnaut I just read your post and also live in Cameron Park up off of Woodleigh on Colina crt. I'm looking at getting chickens this week from a friend. Can you give me any info as to rules and regulations.
Thanks in advance.

I also live in Cameron Park and this is what I found:

http://www.edcgov.us/government/planning/zoningordsep2013/complete_ordinance_september_2013.aspx

~17.30.130 Uses permitted by right.

~B. Agricultural uses: 1. Raising and grazing of livestock and other animals, 2. Growing of trees, fruits, vegetables, flowers, grain and other crops, 3. Packing and processing of agricultural products produced on the premises, without changing of the nature of the products, 4. Sale on the premises of products produced thereon, 5. Any structure or use incidental or accessory to any of the foregoing uses;

so I live in Cameron park as well. according to the county, it is allowed. however I found that the CC&R's DO NOT allow it. the Cameron Park CSD is in charge of enforcement. I am currently awaiting a letter from the CSD because my neighbors landlord decided he doesn't like my chickens. Note; HE DOESNT EVEN LIVE THERE!!!! What a jerk. anyway, I looked into the county without even thinking to check with the csd.. wishing I had now:(

so I live in Cameron park as well. according to the county, it is allowed. however I found that the CC&R's DO NOT allow it. the Cameron Park CSD is in charge of enforcement. I am currently awaiting a letter from the CSD because my neighbors landlord decided he doesn't like my chickens. Note; HE DOESNT EVEN LIVE THERE!!!! What a jerk. anyway, I looked into the county without even thinking to check with the csd.. wishing I had now:(

What subdivision do you live in? Where did you find the CC&R's?

I am in Cameron Park N 3

Back
Top Bottom