Wormer for laying hens

Quote:
Cayenne Pepper;

It`s a natural wormer. Mix it heavily with your feed to turn it rusty. Pepper in the front, worms run out the back. Chickens don`t have the heat receptors like most critters, so they eat it up. Worms, on the other hand, heh, heh. You can still eat the eggs. Repeat in 10 days to get the new worms........Pop

Quote:
Cayenne Pepper;

It`s a natural wormer. Mix it heavily with your feed to turn it rusty. Pepper in the front, worms run out the back. Chickens don`t have the heat receptors like most critters, so they eat it up. Worms, on the other hand, heh, heh. You can still eat the eggs. Repeat in 10 days to get the new worms........Pop

This is brilliant. Does it change the flavour of the eggs?

Quote:
Cayenne Pepper;

Not that I have noticed........Pop

I just used safeguard paste for my fall worming. I used a pea size (or a bit bigger) in their mouths and repeated the process again in 10 days. I thought it was really easy to use and wormed them by myself (I only have 7 hens). It worked well, as I saw worms in their poop the day after the first worming. I had just wormed them in April. Be sure to toss out any eggs for up to 2 weeks after the second dose. Good luck!

Quote:

Not that I have noticed........Pop

I love this approach, Pop. Would you ever do it as a prophylactic? Or just if you have evidence of worms? If as a prophylactic, how often?

And I have to wonder if all the medicinal properties of cayenne would make it into the eggs...hmm...

Quote:
When you say pea size are you using the safeguard paste for horses? I've seen recomendations for using safeguard liquid wormer for goats.
Btw Wazine will only kill round worms and nothing more.

Valbazen is another dewormer sold as a pig dewormer that is being used on chickens. It also kills tapeworms.

Back
Top Bottom