peanutbutter??

cajun Rabbit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
Ok, I am sure yall are the same way I am getting to be.... anytime something kitchen scrap is to be thrown out, I ask "who can eat that?" before it goes to compost bucket.

So tonight when my daughter asked if we have any use for the peanut butter tub... well you know the drill.

Can chickens eat creamy peanut butter? It just the little bit that we can't get out with a knife or spoon. was going to cut can in half and let them have at it....

Any ideas? thanks

Dont know the answer to your question...but I am interested to hear the responses. I have fed mine several things but never PB

I throw everything out to the chickens ,and what I have learned is if they don't like it ,or if it will hurt them they leave it alone This is only IMO
wink.png

Mine love peanutbutter and its nice and fattening too. lol I cook mine down until it melts and then add popped milo, BOSS and other goodies. I make a "cake" out of it and they eat on it for a couple of days.

I will throw a soon full of PB in their warm oatmeal in the mornings for added protein. Yes they can have it, its funny to watch them eat a PB&J sandwich

next time I will have to try and 'make something out of it' My girls just looked at it funny.... but when I put some on my finger they about put my entire finger tip in her mouth on first taste
tongue.png

Howdy,

I've started adding it to some scratch when I'm training them to come when called. They love it and it adds some nutritional value to the scratch (protein and fat). Its also fun to watch them eat it. :) The one thing that chickens can't have that we eat is potatoes so just be careful there.

Back
Top Bottom