Poop board & roost ...

zekii

Songster
9 Years
Nov 1, 2010
New Hampsha
Chicken coop keeps on evolving, but this latest modification is a definite improvement, it is amazing the amount of
chicken manure I collect off of the poop board every 2 days, and we only have 11 chickens.
Here's a couple pictures...

Zekii

I really should know this by now but unfortunately I dont...
Can you please describe a poop board? I have seen posts about them all the time but I cant get my head around the design or how to make one for my coop

A poop board is any thing that is placed directly under the roost poles to catch the chicken poop during the night. That keeps it out of the sand, shaving, or whatever else you may use for bedding inside the coop.
smile.png

Last edited:
I really need to fix mine.... I am using a heavy board, not sure of the exact name, brown, like thick cardboard, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.Im thinking i need to get some wood, it is really tough to scrape the poop off the board....

This decribes a poop board Exactly ...

I use the plastic boot trays to catch most of the poop, and I put the poop in my outdoor compost pile, and use it for my plantings once it
has decomposed enough... good food for plants !!!

The coop would be alot messier without the poop board.

Quote:

Quote:
A bit off topic... sorry... but in your picts, there is what looks like a feeder (white PVC tube) that has a cord coming out of the top and what looks like a timer on the wall.... What is that? I'm just asking because I'm still designing my coop and I've become fascinated with all the different feeder designs on here. Yall are GEUNISUS!

The white pvc tube is my feeder on the wall

the wire goes to a lamp base under my metal fount, which I use to heat it.

I use the plastic boot tray also, cover it with newspaper for easy cleanup.
Shake the poop off the newspaper into the compost bin, throw the newspaper away.
With only 4 girls it's manageable.
100196_imag0055.jpg
100196_imag0054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom