Electronic sound of chirping to help hatching?

bzbrown

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Twentynine Palms, California
Let me start by saying that I have one tough as nails husband. This guy is a Marine with over 20 years in the service. He can stop you in your tracks with one look. Seriously I've seen Marines scramble out of the way when the husband is headed in their direction.

That said. I found this man playing a you tube video of newly hatched chicks chirping outside our incubator this morning. He was laying on the floor, playing the chirping and watching through the viewing window (I love this man dearly).

So, I know I read somewhere that perhaps chicks hearing other chicks during the hatch process is encouraging. Could the same be said for chicks not hatching, but that should be hatching soon would also be encouraged by this? LOL I'm not sure if there is a way to even determine either case, but I just want to know if anyone does this (besides my hubs) and if they personally have felt it to be successful or helpful.

Last edited:
Ah great post! I've found, and I'm relatively new at incubating, that when I do the same thing I get a lot more action out of the pipped chicks. Also, if I have some late hatchers and have moved the early birds and scheduled arrivals to the brooder, the sounds seem to encourage the laggers. I mix it up, from hatching chicks to a broody momma or momma with babies. It will be interesting to see what others have to write as I tend to anthropomorphize everything.

P.S. Pretty cute that your tough guy hubby is doing that.
smile.png

Quote:
Well he finally stopped doing that late night. It was funny because the sound bit he found was only like 2 minutes, so he kept getting up to restart it. Nothings seems to have changed in that incubator. We were so hoping for a holiday weekend hatch, tomorrow everyone goes back to school and work.

Oh well, at least I know now if I hear chirping it's real chicks in my house, not a recording :)

I realize this post is very old, but I just wanted to say, I read that some where also, so here I am the beginning of day 22. One pipped egg and 10 with no action... so I went to YouTube and found some videos of chicks peeping and played it for my incubator and right before my eyes a second egg pipped. No other eggs have any action yet... I may keep playing it for a few minutes to see if anything else happend but I was shocked! (Pleasently)

Last edited:
I realize this post is very old, but I just wanted to say, I read that some where also, so here I am the beginning of day 22. One pipped egg and 10 with no action... so I went to YouTube and found some videos of chicks peeping and played it for my incubator and right before my eyes a second egg pipped. No other eggs have any action yet... I may keep playing it for a few minutes to see if anything else happend but I was shocked! (Pleasently)
I did the same thing for my first hatch! lol My little peeper/pipper would start rocking every time I'd start it. It was so funny to watch but really got her motivated! I'm day 14 of this hatch and i will definitely be doing the same thing for these guys!

I've done the same thing before as well. I have audio files of chicks cheeping on my iPhone to play for the hatching babes.
gig.gif
It does seem to give them encouragement to get out of the shell.

Any idea on where to download the chirping sounds I have looked but I really don't want to keep playing a YouTube vid.

Back
Top Bottom