West Tennessee Thread

ChickenLeg

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Hey Guys, I'm new to BYC, I found a Tennessee, Middle TN, and a East TN thread, but I couldn't find a thread for West Tennessee members, so here it is. (Though if this forum doesn't get any action, then I'll just stick with the Middle TN forum, they're a pretty welcoming bunch!)

Please feel free to post any information about upcoming poultry auctions, shows, or organizations. Maybe we could one day have a West TN get-together, whereas we can show off our birds and even sale or swap a few. Just feel free to list your breed, post pictures, or just chat.

BTW I have Ameraucanas. Here's a pic of my favorite one! (Blue, he's only about a month old)

Last edited:
I started one a couple of months ago, but it's gotten buried. Welcome to the board. I am in Pinson and I have cuckoo marans. Have you checked out the West Tn poultry club? http://poultryclub.proboards.com/index.cgi. We are having a meeting on saturday at the Gibson Community center. We normally have a swap/sell monthly somewhere in West Tn. Check it out.

Thanks for the info ill look into it right now! If I find enough members from west tn maybe I can point them all to this thread and maybe itll pick up some ! if not at least i tried lol... I work this saturday but i get off at 2, what time do yall usually meet?

Hey, thanks for starting this thread! I am from Memphis and saw the middle TN thread and wondered why no West Tenn thread too. Surely there are more Backyard Chicken flocks in W Tennessee??? Where is everybody? Would love to confab with local folks.

One of the reasons I'm interested in this regional thread is....I stopped by Hollywood Feed last week (the one on Broad) which is where I bought my original flock last summer, and asked some questions about what breeds they are going to purchase in the spring. The gal said the same breeds as last year. My interest is wanting to branch out a bit by egg color and I would like a cuckoo marans and maybe a wellsummers for the darker eggs. I have to keep my flock small as I live in the city, so I'm interested in only buying one or two chicks. At any rate, she said they could order other breeds if enough folks signed up/committed to buy them. Anyone else interested who'd like to join in for sort of a pre-order for a certain breed for spring pick up?

My current flock is EE's, Buff Orps, Barred Rock, and LH hybrid.

Found this old thread and was wondering if anyone was still interested in it, dust off the Cobb Webbs and start fresh. I'm from Lauderdale county and at the moment only have 2 chickens one black hen and a young 3 month old white chicken. I have ducks though. 3 mallard, 2 Peking, 1 khaki Campbell, and 2 young white ducks that I believe have a strain of Peking in them (got them from a friend).

My incubator I just got the other day. With automatic egg turner chicken/duck racks and quail racks, little giant with built in fan.

Back
Top Bottom