Chicken 34

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 19, 2012
Hartwell ga
Does anybody have cuckoo marans?
D.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
check out feathersite for pics...a good marans should lay nice dark brown eggs and have white legs. some types should also have feathered shanks such as the fbcm and the cuckoo(if im not mistaken).

what are you looking for, info or pics?

My dad has a friend that wants to give us a cuckoo maran it is very skiddish and friendly handsome to

check out feathersite for pics...a good marans should lay nice dark brown eggs and have white legs. some types should also have feathered shanks such as the fbcm and the cuckoo(if im not mistaken).

what are you looking for, info or pics?
Wow did not know there was such a site to help ID my chicks.

From the pics it now looks like my 3 - 6 week chicks are pullets. Still thinking I have one cockerel since it has feet feathers and might be the one that started to crow! I don't think the feet feathers matter at all, but I threw it in for good measure.

Wow did not know there was such a site to help ID my chicks.

From the pics it now looks like my 3 - 6 week chicks are pullets. Still thinking I have one cockerel since it has feet feathers and might be the one that started to crow! I don't think the feet feathers matter at all, but I threw it in for good measure.
black copper marans should have feathered shanks on both genders, so do the cuckoo marans but it is common to get clean legged birds. if you have pics we could tell you for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom