Japanese Quail Color Calculator- Best Link

Pics
scrolling down through both maternal and paternal sides you can see there are many different visual colors, and even more "blueprints" behind the scenes.
it all boils down to math as to what they actually look like

now, what we call them is a totally different story, lots of good stickies here, lots of good websites. (not gonna turn this into a commercial advertising thread.)

I would like to discuss colors with someone in the know. I believe there are many people breeding out there for certain traits would like to know what their "blueprint" is.

any one care to share their secret formulas...I stick with the browns and whites, but I'm interested in the scarlets.

yeh, kinda glad I am colorblind...

I may leave the colors up to Robby...

but I am going to start with some Reds/Scarlets here shortly and cross them against my biggest male and female, along with a few other people, see where we can go with them.

we are eating this thing up... I would expect a "certified" Standard of Coturnix Colors to be out and about the web sooner than later.

worked on by "several" professional peers from around the country, its already in the works... one just needs to look in the right place.

thumbsup.gif
This is good stuff! Let me know when you have some 'bator space open.

thumbsup.gif
This is good stuff! Let me know when you have some 'bator space open.

Yes sir, I have been waiting for your reds... We have a plan... We have the calculator... We will have "big red buffalo quail"...

"reds, whites, browns", I'm thinking we can get all the primary colors breeding true and add size to them before we get into the secondary colors (easter eggers).

would be the smarter way of doing it, work the primary colors into the tatankas, get the size on them and since the colors we are starting with "breed true" it should be easier than guessing.

Back
Top Bottom