Can I own chickens in Lakeland FL?

Charleymitchell

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 13, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I live right out of city limits. I've had many people on my block have own chickens and goats! I want to buy a few chickens and very few turkeys. my yard is completely fenced. My next door neighbor had a bunch of chickens running everywhere! people would always been hitting them with there cars.. alot of people complained.. Will this be a problem? Can I get some and not have problems? What are the laws? Mine will be in a coop and well kept.

Thanks!

Yes
Max Chickens Allowed unknown
Roosters Allowed No
Permit Required No
Coop Restrictions Must be 50 feet or more from any residence or place of abode which is occupied by any person
City/Organization Contact name Lakeland FL
Additional Information Sec. 10-1. Crowing of roosters declared nuisance. The crowing of roosters, cocks, or cockerels within the corporate limits of the city is hereby declared to be a nuisance. The keeping of such roosters, cocks or cockerels in the city is hereby prohibited. (Code 1960, § 4.04) Sec. 10-2. Keeping animals or fowl. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to pen, confine, keep or maintain any fowl of any kind within the residential district of the city less than 50 feet from any residence or place of abode which is occupied by any person, unless three-fourths of the residents within such area shall give their written consent to the city manager of the city that such may be kept or maintained within a shorter distance. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or maintain any fowl or animal within any place within the city in such a manner that the unsightly appearance caused by such keeping or maintenance by way of noise, odor, or condition thereof shall be offensive or unhealthful to persons of ordinary sensibilities.
Link for more Information http://library8.municode.com/default-test/home.htm?infobase=10955&doc_action=whatsnew
Information Last Updated 2010-03-22 00:00:00

yes infact i have some turken chicken for sale they look like cros between a chicken and a turkey lol i think they cute most think they are ugly. if you like some email me at tonnie.melton @yahoo.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom