Where can I find parts for my Brower's model 846 tabletop incubator?

I have a Brower's like the one seen here ------> https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/626281/anyone-use-a-brower-incubator . Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts for it? I need the particle board insulation, the plastic window, and maybe another part or two.

There is insulation on the top and bottom, as for the bottom, you would only need a piece of cardboard.

The plastic window can probably be made from some thin clear sheet of plastic, (cut to fit).

I need to replace the insulation from both the top and bottom. I bought it from an auction and i'm guessing it had been left out in the rain or something; prior to the auction. I will definitely go the cheapest and most efficient route such as with the cardboard; THANKS!!! Do you have any ideas of what kind of plastic I should use, the thickness, and where I could get it. I usually use my HovaBator and my LittleBig, but I just bought 21DOZEN duck eggs this afternoon, which (obviously) don't all fit in those 2.

21dozen???? They won't fit in the Brower either lol. Changing out that insulation is going to be kind of a chore. I'm working on one now. You will have to drill out several rivets and then either pop rivet it back together or replace them with small bolts and nuts, The nearest material I was able to find was a medium density fiberboard at Home Depot. A 2' X 4" 1/8" thick sheet which is plenty to do the job was under $5. I wouldn't recommend using cardboard, especially in the top, cause if it were to droop onto the heating element you would have a major fire hazard.

Sounds like a plan as well. I think the cardboard on top of particle board on the bottom sounds like a good idea so when they hatch, its easy clean up. Ill go to HD tomorrow and try to find the plastic and board. Ill try to keep y'all updated as to how it goes as well as b4 & after pics. THANKS!!!

21dozen???? They won't fit in the Brower either lol. Changing out that insulation is going to be kind of a chore. I'm working on one now. You will have to drill out several rivets and then either pop rivet it back together or replace them with small bolts and nuts, The nearest material I was able to find was a medium density fiberboard at Home Depot. A 2' X 4" 1/8" thick sheet which is plenty to do the job was under $5. I wouldn't recommend using cardboard, especially in the top, cause if it were to droop onto the heating element you would have a major fire hazard.

X2 I wouldn't use cardboard in the top. Just the bottom. Fiber board or Masonite would work really well, you will probably need a jigsaw to cut it though.

Oh I definitely wouldn't use cardboard on the top. I suppose I could add it on the bottom just before they hatch; I'd just hate the mess on the fiber board. As for the tools, every holiday I buy power tools for my husband (jigsaw, rotary saw, ban saw, oscillating saw, chop saw etc) because one day, he will build me a house; he just doesn't know it yet..... it's a long term investment. lol. I will head to THD later this evening and see what I can get my little fingers on.

Well, after further inspection, we have come to the realization that we need a new heating element; the long aluminum looking wire and plug. Anyone know where I can get one? Can I trade one from a different (styrofoam) incubator? I have one that needs a replaced bottom but the wiring is all good. My chickens found it in my shed and pecked the bottom apart.

My hubby said it almost doesn't seem worth it, but I see some huge potential in this puppy. We are going to use a piece of glass rather than plastic for the window, if that's not a problem.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan as well. I think the cardboard on top of particle board on the bottom sounds like a good idea so when they hatch, its easy clean up. Ill go to HD tomorrow and try to find the plastic and board. Ill try to keep y'all updated as to how it goes as well as b4 & after pics. THANKS!!!

I just realized that this sounded confusing. I meant that i could put fiber board on the bottom and maybe a sheet of cardboard on top of that on the 4-day pre-hatch...... not in the top of the incubator, just to protect the fiberboard from poop and afterbirth, so there's less chance of a bacterial overgrowth; and I wont have to keep changing the fiberboard.

YOU CAN BUY PARTS FOR 845 & 846 BROWER AT ROCKY TOP STORE IN TENN.-PHONE # 865-882-8867--ELEMENTS ARE $39.95, WAFERS ARE $9.95,THEY ALSO SELL THE MICRO SWITCH--SEARS PARTS DIRECT ALSO SELLS SOME PARTS, BUT THEY ARE REALLY HIGH.---DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY THE LIGHT FOR BOTH 845 & 846 INCUBATORS??? I'VE LOOKED ALL OVER AND SEARS WANTS $18.99 FOR ONE.--HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU.SHARPEILADY2

Back
Top Bottom