Dumb dog won't stop eating chicken poop!

Bobby Ray

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Hello gang !

when I decided to get chickens I knew I didnt want to keep them in a run a all day and so far so good, they get to range everyday with no problems our dog wont bother the hens but he does follow them around waiting for them to drop a tasty treat.

I dont want to fence anyone in and was wondering if anyone else had to deal with this issue?? Albert is our pooch and yes he's the little turd I have as my avitar.

Thanks for reading

My main concern was my dog getting sick, if that was the case I will look into fencing in the hens which I dont want to do?

I don't worry about it anymore. When I got my birds I was afraid they'd pick up something, but my birds are healthy. We have to do fecals twice a year to kennel them, and they always come back clear, even with the dogs eating the chicken poop, rodents, dead birds and anything else they find. And they drink the marsh and pond water all the time. Vet says they are in super health and keep up whatever I'm doing. Apparently chicken poop makes them healthy.

I consider it a blessing , I hated chicken poop on the poarch, but since getting the puppies not only do the chickens stay off the poarch more, every poop is licked clean! They aren't allowed in the coop or it would be licked clean too, then the chickens scratch apart the dog poop. It's the circle of life!!
PS. I bet you aren't one of those who kisses their dog now are you?

Last edited:
My dog is a nutter he is 7 and we have always had other pets so since he was a puppy he has eaten bird seed, bird feathers, rabbit food, and the poo of chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, and birds,
it is a little gross
hmm.png

But somehow we have gotten used to it
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom