Pics

tnchickenut

It's all about the Dels!
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Englewood, TN
Hello all....

I just hatched out my first round of Sulmtalers and couldn't be happier! Anyone else have these? I already love them and cannot wait to get a taste of their renowned meat.

So, here is a thread where we can get together and talk about our flocks.

BTW, my stock is NOT from Greenfire, so there is some potential to diversify the genetics. Mine were imported from a nice Austrian lady into the US about the same time as Greenfire. So, unlike so many other imports... these don't HAVE to be linebred.

I don't have any but I love the look of them. Since I doubt anyone would import the Old Polish Crested Hens, these might work as a substitute for looks. Something about the big bodies and smaller crest that catches my eye

I don't have any but I love the look of them. Since I doubt anyone would import the Old Polish Crested Hens, these might work as a substitute for looks. Something about the big bodies and smaller crest that catches my eye

For me, the attraction is the reported superior taste of the meat, their rarity (even in Europe), and the fact they are from Austria. My grandmother in Germany is Austrian and she is tickled pink that I have these birds. Make a old lady really happy. She loves to tell her friends about my chickens, so it seemed a great idea to get them so she has even more to talk about. lol

So judging by the quietness of this thread, am I only one of three in the US with these birds or what?!

Anyone else have Sulmtalers?

Good guess
tongue.png
This is my first hatch keeping my fingers crossed that it will go will
fl.gif

Good guess
tongue.png
This is my first hatch keeping my fingers crossed that it will go will
fl.gif

LOL!!! It's hardly a guess... it's her and Greenfire with Sulmtalers laying and Greenfire doesn't sell eggs.
tongue.png

I cannot believe you are making your first hatch a round of Sulmtalers.... you are brave, my friend. I have hatched thousands and was freaking out the entire time. They were very fertile, by the way. :)

What do these chickens look like? What an interesting name. Where do they come from?
Thanks,
karen in western PA, USA

Back
Top Bottom