Creep feeder?

NYchickee

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 6, 2012
I want to buy a creep feeder for my chickens and ducks. I have seen several brands (Kane, Miller Mtg., #88). Does anyone have any experience with any of these? How much feed do they hold?

I have been using a Nelson #88 creep feeder for my 3 hens. It holds 10 lbs. The only problem I had with it was one hen liked to throw much of the food to the ground. I inserted a strip of poultry wire on the feed trough so they have to reach through the openings in the wire to get the feed, and I don't find feed on the ground any more. It does not come with a top cover, but the way mine is mounted, I wouldn't need the cover anyway.

I have been using a Nelson #88 creep feeder for my 3 hens. It holds 10 lbs. The only problem I had with it was one hen liked to throw much of the food to the ground. I inserted a strip of poultry wire on the feed trough so they have to reach through the openings in the wire to get the feed, and I don't find feed on the ground any more. It does not come with a top cover, but the way mine is mounted, I wouldn't need the cover anyway.

I'm looking for this exact feeder. It fits the Dimensions of one of my nest boxes perfectly. But I can't find it! Where did you but it? Thank you!

I found mine in a Tractor Supply Co. store, but I don't see it online now. :(  Maybe they are only in stores?

Tractor supply stopped carrying them all together. I'm thinking maybe the company stopped making them because no one sells them anymore. I found a rusty, used one on eBay for $69! I think I'll have to look for a different brand with similar measurements. Thank you for responding!!!

Looks like Amazon has the Miller Co. ones (2 hole baby pig feeder) for $25.67

They are 8" x 8.2" x 12.5".

Oh really? That's interesting. I was looking for one to fit one of the best boxes in the coop I have but I have taken all feed out of the coop. Maybe I'll put one in for winter. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom