Anyone else in Mississippi?

Hey girl. I just got two chickens from a friend. She went to 1st Monday in Ripley and got several chickens, most are full size and she got two bantams. Well needless to say the other chickens are picking on the bantams. So she is going to let me get them. She says they are Nankings. I looked them up and they are too cute and are very friendly. They are supposedly pretty rare too?? I will get them one day this week. Have to get some things ready for them. I am so excited. Guess I better not get the RIR's or they would probably be mean to them too. Guess I better stick to smaller chickens? For now anyway. I have to research and find out what to do now, what I need to get to feed them and what kind of shelter they will need etc. I am going to turn the dog pen into a home for them temporarily but I would like to eventually put them in the goat pen, will have to see about that. I am going to cover the dog pen with netting and make them a house to get into out of an old dog crate I have. I know I need to put up some perches and I will probaby cover that end with a tarp to make shade and less wind. I am so excited. They are great layers too, and very broody!! So maybe I will have some babies one day.

Marie

Welcome LoneWolf. Nice to meet you. I live in Grenada, in North Mississippi. I am about 90 miles North of Jackson. Nice to meet another MS chicken person.

Marie

Hello from another chicken person in Mississippi. I live just outside of Coldwater, Ms and have Dominiques, Black sex links . Many eggs in bator, but no peeps yet:(

Back
Top Bottom