My featherless chickens-naked chick fight :-)

danischi24

Loves naked pets
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Australia
Here's a video of my crazy new additions. They love to play fight. They are featherless leghorn bantams, crossed with silkies for the skin color. Worth a watch :)
[VIDEO]

Info on gimpy in the 3rd post.

Last edited:
lau.gif
Can you imagine if they were the size of an ostrich?

What happened to the little fella in the bird cage? I noticed he had a leg problem.

There wouldn't be many people alive if they were that size!
The little guy on the left came to me with a badly healed broken leg & I'm discussing amputation & prosthesis with my vet this week. Otherwise, I'll have to put him down because its bothering him but I thought I'd give him a chance first.

Wow, I thought more people would have something to say about featherless chickens! Here are some photos of the two brats:

Are they common in your part of the world? I've seen naked chickens before but they were in a research facility. I've never seen a dark one before.

No, there aren't any here outside research facilities. They consult with me though & said I could have some babies this time as I had a hen of theirs a few years back. The black skinned ones are from silkie out crosses to target the Asian market.

I love chickens and I like Leghorns, but I think I'll draw the line here! Gosh, they are freaky looking
ep.gif
Do you need to keep them in a special brooder/coop with added heat? I can imagine they must have difficulty keeping warm...

Yes, that's why the video is red. I keep them under a red heat lamp. I like reptiles & love chickens so I don't mind their looks at all.

Well, birds evolved from lizards... I do believe you found the missing link
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom