How about a Thread for Embdens?

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I know most folks think of Embdens as just a good goose for

meat since its solid white and of good flesh but those of us that keep them for pets see something different. My Embden gander is 51/2 yrs old hatched here by a Muscovy duck he is just such a good all round member of this flock, this past summer did an awesome job of helping raise the Scovie ducklings that hatched here, we called him Papa Goose. he actually was more loving and caring than the mothers of the duckling. If you have Embdens and want to talk about them and of course pics well heres your chance. This is my guy.
His name is Samson, but we call him Sammy

200x200px-ZC-2eeb27bb_May18th2012Ruthisducklingsmeetstheworld015.jpeg

Last edited:
I just saw another thread where someone was sharing their Embden, i hope they will post pics here so we can keep them all together, Here is my boy at the back door

He is always looking for a hand out.
roll.png

Here I am! My Embdens are the biggest Characters of my flock.
Many on BYC have watched Squishy grow from a developing egg into the pretty gander is currently is.

Here he's just a few hours old.

Band leader for our flock
big_smile.png

Here's Dora. She was raised from purchased eggs this last spring.
1 day old with siblings
smile.png

Sitting pretty in front of the tree with her flock mates,

edited for spelling
hide.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for starting an embden thread Miss Lydia. I love my embden. The rest of my birds are somewhat pets, but she's my baby. I am so happy I got her. She's not too loud, not super friendly to most people but never mean, great with the kids, and with the other birds.

They are all so pretty, They remind me so much of young children always getting into something and then looking around like they haven't done anything wrong when you catch them at it. LOL I think most geese are that way, it's so endearing of them too. And those blue eyes.
love.gif

Why Miss Lydia, I think this is an awesome idea!

Unfortunately, right now this is the only current picture I have. Guess I'm going to have to get the camera out and get to work, lol.

Back
Top Bottom