Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Pics
A post from Speckledhen:

I have a RIR/Buff Orp cross named Meg. The sire was RIR, though. Here she is, flaming redhead, very large Orp-like body and white legs.
DCP_8765.jpg

DCP_7749.jpg

The only other crosses I have are three girls whose mothers were Barred Rocks with a Cochin/Silkie cross dad, but they sure won't look anything like what you'd get from your Buff Orp rooster, LOL.

Queen of the Lilliputians:

These won't help you with your mix, but these are two of my three buff silkie/americauna mixes. The third looks identical to his sister, Mabel. Mabel was about 10wks in her pic, Womy was about 15wks in his.

Womy (don't ask.. 3yo named him
tongue.png
)

Womy.jpg

Mabel
mabel3x5.jpg

I have a hatchery quality Buff Orpington in the pen with my Wheaten Marans. I've been contemplating putting one of her eggs in the incubator to see what the results would be. No other reason other than I am curious.
What do you think ?

Last edited:
I have a hatchery quality Buff Orpington in the pen with my Wheaten Marans. I've been contemplating putting one of her eggs in the incubator to see what the results would be. No other reason other than I am curious.
What do you think ?
Why not? If you are not going to show or sell purebreds, its fun hobby. My chickens turned out beautiful! I also posted some roosters on 50 shades of grey.

Maybe you could get a darker egg shell and a more productive layer with this mix! (Plus if all else fails, it should have some pretty good meat on its bones...! I say go for it!

This is not my picture but it is about the same as the rooster I incubated. His mom was Hawk, a dark Cornish hen and his dad was Smokey, a self lavender OEGB rooster. His name was Twister. He passed away a couple weeks ago. I dont know why though. But I saw this and wanted to post him on here!!!!!!!! By the way this is NOT my picture.

Back
Top Bottom