Blue Mottled Turkeys

spectrumranch

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota & Wisconsin
I have raised Black Mottled turkeys for many years. But does anyone here have any Blue Mottled Turkeys. I have been working on producing the Blue Mottled for awhile now. Which I am producing the Blue Mottled, however I would like to see if anyone else has some.

Hello, I'll be recieving a handful of black mottleds this spring and will *hopefully* be trying my luck with turkey breeding in the next couple of years. How well do black and blue mottleds mix? I've been warned about the fact that my mottleds don't breed 100% true and will probably throw genetic "sports". I'm not well versed in turkey genetics quite yet, learning every day though! Thanks

Hello, I'll be recieving a handful of black mottleds this spring and will *hopefully* be trying my luck with turkey breeding in the next couple of years. How well do black and blue mottleds mix? I've been warned about the fact that my mottleds don't breed 100% true and will probably throw genetic "sports". I'm not well versed in turkey genetics quite yet, learning every day though! Thanks
Do you mean mix--- as in get along together or mix--- as in breed together?

Do you mean mix--- as in get along together or mix--- as in breed together?
Oops, sorry, should have specified
lol.png
I meant how they breed together, What will the crosses throw, thoughts along that line

Is that from a blue mottled/blue mottled crossing or from a black mottled/blue mottled crossing? How does one go about creating blue mottleds? Thanks
The bird pictured above is from Blue Mottled bred with Black Mottled. I used him on Black Mottled hens last summer and produced both Blue & Black Mottled offspring.

This year I am breeding Black Mottled toms with Blue Mottled hens OR the other pens are Blue Mottled toms with Black Mottled hens.

I plan on selling some eggs so that other people can get started with them. After we sell some then we will hatch the rest so we have young birds to sell and a good good to pick offspring out that we want to keep for breeding. So if your looking at adding Mottled-- here is a link to our auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140919562511?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Back
Top Bottom