post you mallard duck photos here

I have Mallards. I had 7 but 2 got killed by a Bald Eagle. So we're down to 5, BUT I have eggs in the incubator :)

they are very cute

thats very sad to here that some have been killed :( ,where i live pretators are not an issue

but how exiting about the eggs
thumbsup.gif

I have white mallards! 8 months old now, I can't wait to hatch a few as well!

Here's my trio before I clipped their wings: Jake, Finn, and TreeTrunks

This is Jake, she's the smallest, but full of spunk.

Finn and his curly tail feathers

The darlings at the beach.

And TreeTrunks, posing at the park.

they are very cute
thumbsup.gif

im quite new to mallards so seeing white ones has amazed me
woot.gif

how do yoou get white mallards?,is it a breed of mallard or a colour mutation ?

The funny thing is, I thought I had bought week old Pekin ducklings from a feed store. They were the only ducklings at the place and the man said they were Pekins.
But then they stopped growing...Too large to be Calls and too small to be Pekins. After asking around on here, I learned that White Mallards existed, and that these were indeed that kind.

I guess there's also Snowy Mallards which are greyish white, but not pure white. I'm still new to the land of ducks, let alone genetics! So breed or mutation? I would love to find out.

I have white mallards! 8 months old now, I can't wait to hatch a few as well!

Here's my trio before I clipped their wings: Jake, Finn, and TreeTrunks

This is Jake, she's the smallest, but full of spunk.

Finn and his curly tail feathers

The darlings at the beach.

And TreeTrunks, posing at the park.

seeing these beautiful ducks photos i have just bought myself 1 male white mallard he is paired up with a fawn mallard female and they are with my other 2 pairs ...they are truley beautiful ducks

Here is a pair of wild mallards. A pair has visited our pond in the early spring for three years prior to when I got my Khaki Campbells. Pretty birds - they are plentiful here and I have always enjoyed watching them. You'll notice the duck has a leg band.

Back
Top Bottom