What is the best all-around wormer?

LilyLovesBugs

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
I've read online some symptoms that chickens get when they have internal parasites, and my ladies a have a few of them. I would love to worm them and know that they are pretty healthy as far as parasites go, but I'm not sure what would be best. I'm not sure what type of worms they have either, is there a gentle all around wormer that anyone has used with good results? Thank you!

Last edited:
I've just used SafeGuard goat wormer on my chickens a few days ago. I know it kills a wide variety of worms, but there is one other better wormer that I can't think of right now. I'll try to get back to you with the name. SafeGuard will not hurt the chickens if they don't have worms, and it even will work as a preventative. Most people use a syringe to give their chickens the wormer, but I put mine in their drinking water. If you need the correct dosage for this, I'll be happy to give it to you. The bad news about this wormer is that there is a 14-day egg withdrawal period (meaning you can't eat the eggs for 2 weeks-you can give them to your dogs, though) and if your chickens are molting, you shouldn't give them the SafeGuard. The reason be because the wormer might make the chickens' feathers grow back gnarly looking or stunted in growth. Good luck!

Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer kills all known types of worms that chickens can get. It is a very safe wormer .
That's the wormer I was trying to think of. :) .........dawg53, do you, by chance, know all of the types that SafeGuard kills?

Back
Top Bottom