Pekin duck egg size question.

minihorse927

Whipper snapper
11 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Ok here's the picture of my eggs. The one on the top is a normal large chicken egg. The next two are my average Pekin eggs. The next one is my question. Is it normal to get one that lays an egg that large? She has always laid larger than usual eggs and she is turning 2 this year. Got them in 2011. The three hens are very close in size, one is just a tad bit bigger which I believe is laying the huge eggs. I've noticed she doesn't lay as good as the other two. They lay daily while she may lay daily but more commonly every other day.

Guess I am just basically wondering if I have a freak Pekin hen or if others have one that does that.

My pekins' eggs are more like the one on the bottom. They are huge!

Ha ha. Answered my question as well. One of my pekin gals laid a doozy of an egg. Super huge (to me). Im new to ducks as is but She has been laying for a couple weeks now and suddenly this whopper of an egg is here. I thought someone was playing a joke on me at first thought but then this morning, out comes another doozy egg. I can only look at these things and say "wow!"

Back
Top Bottom