Post pics of stock from Cackle Hatchery

WarrenHound

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2012
texas
there is a thread to show off birds from Ideal hatchery so you can see the general quality of specific breeds that they turn out so i thought i would make this.

post pics of any Bird
D.gif
that has come from crackle here with the Breed and Age near it so people will know what the stock looks like in general and get an idea before they order
yippiechickie.gif

thanks lets have fun and keep it informative and educational!

i just ordered some turkens and orpingtons + some yokos from them for my mother and they are being shipped out this coming monday! I will post pics when the chicks arrive .
jumpy.gif

have any of you ordered these from them?? any issues??

Last edited:
I got the Cackle Surprise, there were two turkens--one black and one wheaten. I sold them when they were about 2 weeks old. They seemed nice, but my husband made me get rid of them.
I guess I didn't get many photos before I sold them:

I thought there were two Buff Orpingtons, but they aren't feathering in like I would think and it looks like they have yellow legs... so maybe they're red broilers? One is in the photo below, what do you think?

Last edited:
I got the Cackle Surprise, there were two turkens--one black and one wheaten. I sold them when they were about 2 weeks old. They seemed nice, but my husband made me get rid of them.

I thought there were two Buff Orpingtons, but they aren't feathering in like I would think and it looks like they have yellow legs... so maybe they're red broilers? One is in the photo below, what do you think?
yeah voting broiler orsomething else maybe RIR or NHR the color is coming in differently and the leg color is wrong here was one of my mothers old orps legs pinkish white.

And these were them at around the same age as yours (these were ordered for my mother from Ideal)
golden color eventually spread throughout the body.

and this was a local sellers bird an RIR nearing that age i believe this was some years ago.

It was a very light yellow/white chick--so doubtful NHR or RIR. I'm really guessing broiler--I don't mind, we've got extra cockerels we'll need to butcher anyhow. Unless it's a wheaten something? But I think it's too orange and probably too male.

I'll post pictures of the chicks here once I know what they all are. I've got some Cochin, Silver-laced Wyandotte, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Silkie, Black Silkie, Mottled Houdan, and a few other mysteries. All from Cackle.

Anyone else have any pics? I will be posting some pics of my frypan bargin cockrels soon. I just can't believe a thread like this, like the Ideal poultry thread died in only 8 days, well gave this thread some medicine and hope that it will recover. :)

Anyone else have any pics? I will be posting some pics of my frypan bargin cockrels soon. I just can't believe a thread like this, like the Ideal poultry thread died in only 8 days, well gave this thread some medicine and hope that it will recover. :)

I was waiting for my birds to grow up before posting pictures. I think pictures of chicks are cute, but not all that helpful for people trying to decide which hatchery to buy from.

For some reasonmy computer only lets me put 1 pic per post so I have to have multiple posts. These are my frypan special cockrels and are 16 weeks old in the pictires. They are Cinnamon Queen, BR, RIR, and BO.

Back
Top Bottom