Shipping methods for shipping eggs

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
How does everybody ship their hatching eggs?

Which way do you think works the best:

1. Individually wrapping each with bubble wrap

2. Putting the eggs in an egg carton, nestled and then covered with shavings, then wraping the carton with bubblewrap.

3. Putting the eggs in an egg carton, nestling them in cotton/fiber fill, and then covering them with that and wrapping the carton in bubblewrap.

What method do you use?

I've had eggs shipped to me with method #1 numerous times and have NEVER had one cracked eggs, and I'm averaging 75% hatch rates.

So, when I have shipped eggs, I've used that method too!

Wrap each egg with bubble wrap, and then pack them SNUGLY using newspaper and more bubble wrap so they won't bounce around inside the box.

Oh thank you for posting this. Although my eggs are fertile, I want to ship some to family members so they can taste the goodness of fresh free range eggs. Most of our families are back in MI, we moved to PA following work. That said, I'd love to send our parents and siblings some eggs...so I think I now have the answer as to how.
One more question, do y'all fed-ex them with next day shipment. If so, how has that been working?
Thanks much,
d

When I send eggs, I bubble wrap each one and pack in the padded DHL bags with shredded paper and packing peanuts. I put them in a UPS priority mail box and fill the box with pine shavings around the bubble pack. I've never tried sending DHL; always use priority mail. I've been wanting to check into DHL, Fed Ex or UPS because priority can be expensive.

I individually wrap the eggs in bubble wrap,place them in an egg carton,bubble wrap the carton,place the carton in a priority box with shipping material all around it and tape it up.

Last edited:
I haven't shipped any eggs yet, but wanted to add...

Toilet paper was NOT made to be a packing material. I've had eggs show up wrapped in toilet paper
roll.png
I'm surprised they weren't ALL broken.

I think the trick is to stabilize the eggs, but allow for a little shock if the box gets used as a hockey puck.
smile.png
I have tried a couple of different ways to wrap, and have had a lot of eggs shipped to me. The best ones had the eggs individually wrapped in bubblewrap, then neatly wrapped as a group in bubblewrap and placed in the center of a box packed with foam peanuts or crumpled newspaper. Enough was used to make sure nothing shook in the box.
I've also had them bubblewrapped individually, placed in cartons, then packed in the center of the box.
I had 100 chukar eggs shipped to me in a custom-made foam/box set - 1" foam on the bottom of the box, then a layer of eggs nestled inside foam (cores were cut out and the eggs slid in pointy side down), then 1" of foam, another layer of eggs in foam, another 1" of foam and another layer of eggs, and 1" of foam on top. They sent 13 extras, but I lost 16. I would have thought it would have been the perfect setup, but so far the bubblewrap has been the best.
thumbsup.gif

I've been thinking of trying out that foam egg carton stuff,you know the kind you put under a matress? I wonder if that would help. I'll have to check out how expensive it is.

Back
Top Bottom