Stupid telemarketers and scamers over the phone

oldrooster

One Crazy Nut
11 Years
Feb 19, 2012
monroe county indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Last week I had a scammer call me up I finally blocked her number to keep her from calling back and filling up my answering machine and more than likely have to do it again. But tonight a woman called and couldn't pronounce my name and I hung up on her she called right back and it was a company I quit doing buissness with and wanted me to spend money on their service again, and she couldn't figure out how/why we got disconected. I told her it was because she does not know me, had no real reason to speak to me and I didn't want to talk to her and we where going to be disconnected again!

We use to buy trash bags from a group. When we stopped they accused us of ordering $300 in trash bags an not paying. Threating to sue. I told them if they fill froggy then jump. She told me the history of us buying bags is all the proof they need. At this point I am hoping to get to see them try to tell a judge why someone would order $300 in garbage bags.

We use to buy trash bags from a group. When we stopped they accused us of ordering $300 in trash bags an not paying. Threating to sue. I told them if they fill froggy then jump. She told me the history of us buying bags is all the proof they need. At this point I am hoping to get to see them try to tell a judge why someone would order $300 in garbage bags.

Maybe you were going to clean up that state.
lau.gif

Is it bad that I've seriously gotten to the point where I relish a good phone confrontation, especially when I know I'm right and they're wrong? I love when they call at the end of the day, when I'm full to the brim with pent up stress from dealing with three small kids, incessant screaming from said kids, several potty accidents (thankfully also from said kids, not me. Not yet, anyway), and all the other crap I deal with being a stay at home mom. They'll call, and I go running to the phone, gleefully concocting all sorts of fun things to do and say to them....ahhh. It sure beats alcohol for stress relief!
pop.gif

Oldrooster, your avatar made my day!

One day an anti-gun person asked if i was anti gun and i said, Yeah, I guess im anti gun, I have a M249 SAW, a case of grenades, a M1 Abrams Tank and 100,000 rounds of ammo, click.
(I don't own any of that, i lost almost all of my guns and ammo in a tragic boating accident
hit.gif
)

Now instead of a new thread since it's somewhat on the same topic. My dad and his parents bought cemetery plots 2 each all 4 in a row *there was a special ran on buying before you need it an a bigger discount to buy 4) in the early 60's Grandparents died one in 67 the other in 76 dad passed in 2000. fast forward to just a few weeks ago, mom got a phone call and I was sitting next to her and she said to the caller talk to my son, she then hands the phone to me. It was the cemetery wanting to "update contact information and talk about prices" her words not mine. I asked what info they needed mom has not moved, phone number has not changed. "well we need you to come in and update information and talk about prices" was told to me again I said well is the plot still available for mom to be buried there? "yes, but (insert line again)" I said you have got our current info she has not moved and YOU CALLED HER. well we (insert line again) I said apparently we don't since YOU CALLED US. SHe then said "Well your mom is going to need to save money for after she dies" I am like why? what will she need money for when she's dead? DEAD PEOPLE DON"T NEED MONEY! well we need your updated info (she gave dad's address in the 60's thru mid 70's) I said you apparently have our new info because not only is it is a different phone number but it's a completely different phone company, "Well we need it because we got it from your father's internment paperwork:" I replied well if you have that then you knew which one to use. "no if someone just opened up the file they wouldn't know which one to use" I replied well common sense says to start with the most current info from 2000 not from the 60's, "No we wouldn't" and she went back to the save money part, I asked her if it was a service product or an insurance product that she was selling, (I knew a funeral director and knew you wanted the insurance one since it's governed by state regulators and stricter laws, someone could walk out with the money from the service product and you SOL) She claimed she didn't know what service product was, but finally said she didn't have an insurance product and only morticians and insurance agents could sell those, I said well we have nothing to talk about then goodbye.

Poor little thing got told off 2 more times when she tried to call and hung up on, and when she called back the 3rd time and I answered again she immediately hung up. I guess she learned her lesson.

Have also gotten to the point where it is occasionally fun to mess with the callers.

On a somewhat related topic... For many years I have been saving junk mail that comes in via USPS and when I get some that has a postpaid return envelope, I'll fill it with torn up junk mail and drop it in the mail box. They get to pay twice; once to send me their junk and once to get it back.

Have also gotten to the point where it is occasionally fun to mess with the callers.

On a somewhat related topic... For many years I have been saving junk mail that comes in via USPS and when I get some that has a postpaid return envelope, I'll fill it with torn up junk mail and drop it in the mail box. They get to pay twice; once to send me their junk and once to get it back.
gig.gif

We get a lot of telemarketing calls (even though we're on that do not call list). If it's near a holiday, Christmas for example, I hand the telephone to my 8 year old daughter and tell her that Santa has called and wants to know what she wants for Christmas. She'll babble on for 5 or 10 minutes, give me the phone back (which I simply hang up) and skip off on her merry little way happy that Santa took time out of his busy schedule just for her.

If I'm here alone, or it isn't a holiday, I'll talk to them in different accents, ask them odd questions, tell them my dog has the runs and has been pooping all over the house all day, they don't usually hang on the line for long
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom