BRAND NEW PEACOCK COLOR

PeacockMan

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
I am developing a new color peacock. It is called Anabel's White Delight. I took this photo after the bird had lost his train. He is a little dingy and it had rained a little too. But you can see it is a green eyed white. Has anyone seen anything like it before? Go to my facebook account at Doug's peacock farm to see my other peacock photos. If you are local to Silsbee, Texas I still have a few Blues and pieds for sale. I am not letting go of my green eyed whites just yet.

Ya know I have a white hen that has a green feather on her head, have you ever seen that?
I got a photo of her if ya wanna see it.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I've heard rumors about green-eyed white peacocks before.
If I understand correctly, they're a cross between a white peacock and a leprechaun.
big_smile.png

I would submit this to UPA ASAP so you get all the credit for developing this new, exciting mutation. Do you have a buyers waiting list? How many years and how many crossings did it take to get this bird, or birds? New color mutations often times takes hundreds of breedings of like colored birds to even get one that is different. Then you must have the luck of actually hatching that one special peachick. How many white birds do you have in your flock total? Inquiring minds wanna know, and since you let your secret out of the bag, so to speak, it's no longer a secret so be prepared for the onslaught of buyers heading your way.

Could be crossed with a leprechaun New 2 . Could it be algae from all the rain? Could it be and I quote Quote somebody recently here, " A real peacock for real suckers"?
wink.png
Although today IS a different day and Im having a pretty good day with no meds and no apoligies So I'll just let everyone else decide. Thats just for today only though!!! After Today who really knows ? Tommorrow I might just give someone an apoligy, meds or maybe tell somebody sometimes meaness gets you nowhere.
lau.gif
Tough choices

Many years and many cross breedings to get a new color?...Well, I have kept peacock for 40 years but this one did not crop up until this year. Maybe it had something to do with the Silver Pieds I bought three years ago. It looks like the trait may show up in young chicks. I got some whites this year that were a little greenish looking. It will take me a few years to let some of them grow out and see just what I have. Do I have too be a member of the UPA to submit a new color?

Back
Top Bottom