Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

littlecritters

Songster
7 Years
May 2, 2012
New York
Fellow silkie lovers! I'm starting this thread for all of us who are incubating and hatching chicks this month and into the New Year. Please join us and share your pictures, comments, questions and knowledge. There will be folks on here who are new to hatching, those who have hatched only a few times and folks who are hatching gurus. Please be supportive, helpful and patient. Good luck and hope to see many pics of Holiday Chicks!
Best wishes,
Tina

Im in :) I have eggs due to hatch on the 14th (3) , 17th (3) , 24th (10) and 25th (2) Black and blue silkies and just possibly a showgirl but not sure if it is fertile yet.

Fellow silkie lovers! I'm starting this thread for all of us who are incubating and hatching chicks this month and into the New Year. Please join us and share your pictures, comments, questions and knowledge. There will be folks on here who are new to hatching, those who have hatched only a few times and folks who are hatching gurus. Please be supportive, helpful and patient. Good luck and hope to see many pics of Holiday Chicks!
Best wishes,
Tina

Okay! Fun!!

I have a Broody hen with 9 eggs under her and one that is starting to sit I think I will give her 6 eggs to hatch. I am sure the other 3 will go broody soon as well:/

Does it have to be silkies? I have 2 incubators running but I dont think my silkies are alive, but have a bunch more.

Hi All! My eggs will hatch (fingers crossed) December 21
I have silkie and d'anver eggs. If time permits I will candle tonight for Day 5...and maybe take a picture.

Does it have to be silkies? I have 2 incubators running but I dont think my silkies are alive, but have a bunch more.

Hi, you are welcome to join in with any breed. Silkies and Polish can be tricky to hatch so we hope to "coach" folks who want to give hatching a try and help brainstorm with those who want to improve hatch rates.

Back
Top Bottom