For Sale at SAM'S CLUB!

I thought that was a hen under the coop at first, lol. It's only $26?
LOL! I don't think so...think that price tag is for those items down below...if it WAS the right price I'm sure there'd be a stampede on Sam's Club!
wee.gif

lol.png
Or else it's a hunk of junk cause that price is extremely low for even the most basic little coop.

Wait! I found it on their website. $300. It's called the Urban Chicken Large Chicken Chalet.

Last edited:
lol.png
Or else it's a hunk of junk cause that price is extremely low for even the most basic little coop.

Wait! I found it on their website. $300. It's called the Urban Chicken Large Chicken Chalet.

The wood they use to make these things usually is indeed very cheap and light weight. Doesn't stand up to weather very well. If you had a barn or other roof to put it under it'd be fine. I'm thinking I have the perfect corner in my barn to stuff something like this into as a grow out pen for some youngsters! Just have to figure out how to tell the DH and make him agree lol!

Saw one similar to this at a farm supply store for $500-$600 and it was cheaply made, light weight wire on it not much stronger than chicken wire and TACKED on if a preditor can't tear thru it, it could push thru it if it wanted in bad enough.

Unfortunately I recently purchased this same coop from Sam's Club. Cafarmgirl is right. The coop is cheaply made. It's only been up for a couple weeks and it leaks so bad when it rains I have a tarp secured on it, the boards are warping and pulling up the nails, some of the boards have slipped away from other boards leaving spaces in the sides of the coop. This coop is only suitable if you plan to use it in a barn! I bought the coop with the intention of putting two hens in it so they could hatch out their eggs, but I'm afraid to put them in it! Do yourself a favor and don't buy this terrible coop. Your chickens will thank you!

Back
Top Bottom