Augusta Maine Poultry Swap/ Farm Days thread 2014

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
here is the info for the Augusta Swaps. This will be the thread until the end of the year. Swaps are held that this location on the 4th Saturday AND last Saturday of each month (some months have a 4th and 5th Saturday so 2 swaps that month) Rain date is Sunday.
These are held at the Augusta Tractor Supply. 420 Civic Center Drive, 621-2800
8:30-1:00 pm come stay as long as you want, leave when you are done, just clean up your area so we will be invited back.

(for those of you on facebook, we now have a page as well-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518498174864978/)
All people are expected to provide food and water for their animals and the state says any chicks under 8 weeks old must be sold in lots of 6 chicks. Please sure to have a way to keep animals comfortable if you are bringing them to a swap in the parking lot, plan for cool weather and hot weather as season changes. Shade barriers and wind blocks work great, cardboard, ez up canopies etc. All animals offered for sale/trade whether or not any money changes hands, should be healthy and in good condition. Sick or diseased animals have no place at the swap, and if you have sick animals at home, please stay home to avoid spreading any commutable disease. Many can be carried on your clothing or shoes. The owner/seller is responsible for all sales and to be sure they are following Maine state law. If you have questions, you can send me a private message or call the AG or Food dept for current rules concerning what items you are offering for sale.
The state does send representatives to the swaps and they may or may not identify themselves as a state employee. If you are not proud of what you are selling, you probably should not be bringing it to a swap.
and as always, no Neutering or processing allowed on site.

The plan is to have swaps start in March and run to October.
So with that said: whos coming and what are you bringing or what are you looking for?

coming up on one month before the swaps start,. getting excited. i have lots of birds, ready to go and I even have some that can go now if anyone is looking.

believe it or not, there was a swap today in millonocket I think, brrrrr. hoping that the end of March is warm. I have plenty to sell!

12 more days to the first swap of the season for Augusta.
I will be starting a list of what is coming, so far, I know lots of rabbits,

there is a person looking for a home for 4 adult laying hens, americauna and Easter eggers, all lay blue eggs.

I will have various pullets of large breed fowl. chocolate bantam orpington pairs. a few silkies- so far 1 black silkie cockerel.
gold laced and buff laced brahma chicks. all over 8 weeks old. I have some younger for pick up here

wanted:.

there is a person looking for rabbit cages and a person looking to purchase a rabbit tattoo gun.
I am looking for fluffy feathers, goose, turkey (open to ideas) this is for a piece of a wedding gown.

Last edited:
not usually at this one. there is a few people around that have them but I think due to their flightiness, people only bring them if presold.

here is the short list of what's coming to the swap (all subject to prior sale) :
the full list can be found here on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/518498174864978/

• Purebred pedigreed mini rex bunnies, rabbit cages and accessories, and maybe some hens

• gonna bring my husband.....but dont think ill sell him unless someone offers me a WICKED good price ...lol

netherland dwarf purebred does (proven moms), a mini rex doe, one cavy boar and some rabbit supplies.

• 24 road island red hens and 1 aracauna hen
  • a NH Red rooster 14 months old..
  • prob bringing my cayuga drake
  • what ever chicks I have left. So will have tons of chicks with me.
  • a variety of chicks: 2 bantam chicks (look to be a Buff Brahma and a Porcelain B'Uccle) and 3-8 barnyard mix chicks (depends on what hatches in next few days). Straight run. And 1 Barred Rock male chick, 2 weeks old, and 2 Americana/Easter Egger male chicks, 4 weeks old. Male chicks FREE. Straight run chicks $2.50. At swap they'll need to go in batches of 6, beforehand they could go fewer.

Also an LG egg turner for one of the styrofoam incubators. Brand new, never used.

• info inc pictures of the American guinea hogs that i have for sale. Also have some 2wkold buckeye chicks str. run. May bring some rabbits.
  • two pairs of austrailan spotted ducks

• a black boy silkie, 12 weeks old ,and some black heavy breed pullets point of lay, a pair of sizzles, one curly one smooth, chocolate bantam orpington pairs.

one year old Cali X doe for sale. Of breeding age and is a real sweetheart, $20. Also, a male Netherland dwarf (whom is papered and tattoed) for $30. And a two year old Lop X buck named Rusty for $15. If anyone is interested let me know and i will come:)

rabbit. a Dutch Doe asking $15.00 each they are inside. Also a few quail adults. Still have a couple adult guinea pigs too looking for new homes

netherland dwarf adult brood does, possibly some cages, nestboxes and other supplies.

Custom wood burnings for sale or trade for pigeons.

handmade jewelry, and Tanis will be there with a bunch of bunnies and Old English/Silkie cross roosters.

gold and buff laced
    Brahmas

guineas. I have 11-14 adult guineas to sell. Male and female. Various colors.

mixed buff and black cochin rooster about 8 months old

We bought some silkie cross chicks at the swap last August. We have 2 roosters we want to get rid of.
    ___wanted_____

Looking for 4-6 silkie chicks or pullets
    2 or 3 silver laced Wyandotte chickens
    looking for Texas/Texan Pioneer Pigeons or any other auto sexing pigeons.

looking for ducklings.
    Looking for a female call duck

rabbit ear tattoo kit

pair of snowy call ducks

Belgian d'Anver chickens, any color. Preferably from show stock

Back
Top Bottom