What to do if you have a one legged Chicken

farmgirl360

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Southern Illinois
I am new to this website but not new to chickens I am new to this problem however it is a buff brahma bantam an it's brothers and sisters died out due to other things so when I let them out I put it alone Becuase of bulling so I noticed it was limping so I told my dad it is currently In a small chicken pen by itself but I would like to know if there is anything I can do to help or a sort-of peg leg sort of thing Becuase it try's to put pressure on it's missing leg and the other foot has no nails Becuase of this we assume it's foot and toes were pulled through the chicken wire underneath please help

images

How old are these injuries? If they are healed over, I really have no idea what you can do. Many people make house pets out of injured and are handicap. You might post a pic of this bird in the emergency section here on BYC and maybe someone has experience with chickens with this sort of issue....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck with your bird. I hope she can manage in this condition.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X2 on post in the Emergencies forum, hope your chick heals.

And we're did u get all the pictures
If you have any pictures loaded in your pc, you can upload them to this page by clicking on that little icon that looks like a scene. (2 to the left of the smile face at the top of this box). That will lead you to your pc where you can browse and load pics here. :)

There have been other one legged chickens on BYC threads, usually from a predator attack and they have been able to get around very well. It is better to have them as a pet tho, so others in the flock don't attack or kill them.

Back
Top Bottom