WANTED: Silkie Hen

Sweetest

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Looking for a silkie hen within a two hour drive from Valatie, NY (in Columbia County).
We want to integrate her into our existing flock, and order some fertile eggs so she can set.
Plus, I really want a silkie :)

I don't have any hens available at the moment, but I do have chicks on the ground and more eggs in the incubator. Once the chicks are old enough to sex, I can let you know if I have any pullets. This breed is notoriously hard to sex so it may be a bit before I know for sure. My oldest chicks are 9 weeks. I am just north of Albany in Saratoga County.

Just pet quality. I don't show any of my birds. Our flock is kept for eggs and meat. She would be kept for a pet and to see if she might want to be a mama chicken to fertilized eggs. If she's no good at it, we'd just hang onto her for a pet.

Silkies are the best broodies ever! Right now I only have one chick that is pet quality (it has a single comb instead of a walnut comb) but I don't know if its a girl yet. let's cross our fingers on this one. It's a cute little partridge with a red head. If it is a girl it's going to be adorable and you won't even see the comb through the big crest. I'll keep you posted!

Thank you so much! I hope it's a girl!! We're currently playing the guessing game with many of our chicks as well...but just to see who is for meat and who is for eggs. I really, really hope she is a...SHE! :)

Back
Top Bottom