Silkie chick colors!!

Pics

Iluvmysilkies

Songster
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Utah
Hey guys! I just got a batch of half day old bearded silkies today and I am so excited to share them :) I tried to pick one of every color available. I wanted to see what all you silkie lovers thought the colors will be! Some are more obvious but some have me kinda stumped. I thought I was picking a white, black, blue, splash, buff, and dark buff or partridge but im not sure. What color would the buff w/the darker back be called? And is the splash really a splash or could it be lavender? These colors may be off though to due to my camera flash, and they may change alot with age but I wanted to see what you all thought of my new babies and their colors! Also can you educate me on why some have larger puffs on their head then others? Does that mean anything? Will some just be fluffier then others or will the others catch up? The breeder did her best to pick out what she thought were females by weighing them and checking their wing feather growth, so im crossing my fingers they are hens so I dont have to part with any of them later. I love them already :) What do you all think ??

Well, I'm no Silkie expert... but I'm gonna guess and see what other real experts say.

The Whitest Chick = White
The White one with Gray Back = Gray, or Self Blue?
The Orange/Buf one = Buff
The Buff one with Gray Back = Partridge
The Blue one = Blue
The Black one = Black

Congrats, and I hope you have good luck with your chicks.

Thanks animals970 :) I'm new to this sight and was excited to show off my new babies. They arent even a day old. Im curious what those two colors end up being :)

Well, I'm no Silkie expert... but I'm gonna guess and see what other real experts say.

The Whitest Chick = White
The White one with Gray Back = Gray, or Self Blue?
The Orange/Buf one = Buff
The Buff one with Gray Back = Partridge
The Blue one = Blue
The Black one = Black

Congrats, and I hope you have good luck with your chicks.

Agreed!

Thanks guys :) Where are all my silkie owners on here? Did I post in the correct place? I have read several really long threads from here with people sharing their silkies. Where are those people? I wanna see what else everybody thinks and see if they have pics to share :)

Thanks guys :) Where are all my silkie owners on here? Did I post in the correct place? I have read several really long threads from here with people sharing their silkies. Where are those people? I wanna see what else everybody thinks and see if they have pics to share :)

IDK where everybody is... maybe they'll come soon. I hope they do, I wanna here what they say too.

Back
Top Bottom