May Hatch-a-Long!

Pics

BirdyGirl7198

Songster
8 Years
Nov 14, 2011
Lethbridge
Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone wants to join the May hatch a long! I have 2 dozen welsh harlequin duck eggs that I put in the incubator yesterday at 7pm. They're due to hatch on May 6th. Anyone have any eggs due to hatch in May?? All avian creatures welcome!

I should be setting the last of the turkey and Duck eggs in the bator tomorrow. Would be due to hatch May 9th if my math is correct. I can keep you company if you wish.....

Now I am hoping the last of the EBAY eggs gets here today so I can set them all after a good rest from the mailing.

I bid on 4 auctions for 42 eggs total. My egg turner can hold 42 eggs. I got 49 eggs to put in the bator and only 1 bator.......Egg turner is gonna get puled I guess. Manual turning is what i will be doing.....

I bid on 4 auctions for 42 eggs total. My egg turner can hold 42 eggs. I got 49 eggs to put in the bator and only 1 bator.......Egg turner is gonna get puled I guess. Manual turning is what i will be doing.....

I'm hand turning as well but only 27 eggs! 49 seems like a lot! Good luck with your hatch :)

Quote:

We may go and tilt/prop the entire bator if need be and tilt it to one side a few times a day and see how that goes.

I'm using a Janoel 48 automatic turner incubator. First time using auto turning but with 40 eggs I'm glad I got it. My old bator was a basic polystyrene one which I am keeping as a spare. Good luck to everyone!
Looked into that one but DH was against it. The one he got me will be turned into a hatcher after he builds the cabinet incubator he is promising me. lol

I'll be hatching for the first time in my classroom. I am setting my eggs on Earth Day (April 22) and they should hatch the week of May 12 for Mother's Day.
I am using a Hovabator 1620N with an egg turner. I took it into the classroom last week to see how it holds temp and humidity. It seemed to be doing well until I got another thermometer/hydrometer. They do not agree!
I am getting 4 or 5 lavender orpingtons to hatch for my flock and have had 5 people on local chicken keeping groups on Facebook donate eggs to increase my odds of hatching. They said they'd take them back if needed which is great because this will be my first flock and I ordered chicks back in February to come the same week as my hatch week.
I have coming that week 2 barred rock pullets, 3 black australorp SR, 3 BLRW SR, 2 BO SR, 3 GLW pullets, and 2 RIR pullets. So I have 16 chicks coming plus whatever lavenders hatch.
We are going to start the coop this week. I am so excited! Glad to be joining you all!

Back
Top Bottom