Emu egg sweating?

elieugene6

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Western ny
I bought eggs off of eBay and 1 is sweating and sloshing. I of course pulled it which leaves me with 1 egg. My question is are emu eggs like other eggs. Do they only get rotten when they are old? If so this seller is going to get a piece of my mind. I had trouble with him from the start.

Before you go off on your seller, remember that eggs sent through the mail are at the mercy of the US Postal System, I have personally witnessed the USPS tossing packages through the air into bins during the sorting process. Very few eggs, no matter how fresh or how well they are packed, can take that kind of handling and not get scrambled inside.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to necessarily be an old egg to go bad, just one that got contaminated along the way.
Did it have overly mud soaked pores?

No it was amazingly clean. When the seller emailed me back he gave himself away. It was at least a week old before he shipped he said his emus quit laying 3 wks ago my eggs were only in the bator for 6 days. And 3 wks before his message was at least 1 wk before the auction ended. But supposedly they were only 2 days old. Oh well with eBay it's a 50/50 shot

Once a contaminated egg is incubated, the bacteria - in perfect growing conditions, ideal temp with plenty of nutritious food, multiply rapidly. 6 days sounds about right. You can not say when the contamination occurred, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom