Cayugas owners speak up please

irocblu

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 26, 2014
Metairie
Two breeds I've decided on is the WH the other is the Cayuga. I want to hear what you guys have to say about they.

I have two cayuga drakes and I love them! They are GORGEOUS and very friendly. They follow me around my yard and if I sit down they will crawl up onto my lap and let me pet them. I don't have WHs but they sure are beautiful.

We have welsh harlequin and they are extremely friendly. Our drake has a reserved friendliness, but the ducks are the first to come and the first to hoard the treats. They will climb up us to get treats. We got them as adults and they were in a backyard with a bunch of other ducks. These so far are our family favorite. We have welsh, mallard, and campbell. We are adding saxony and silver appleyard. We almost ordered cayugas. My daughter is hoping the hatcher will slip in a cayuga as a shipping mate. I told her that was far fetched, but a gal can hope :)

My plan is to complete everything for next winter and get my duckling in spring. I want this to be right.

I had Welsh harlequins before and loved them. I currently have 12 or so Cayuga eggs in the incubator with a hatch date of May 9th.......

My plan is to complete everything for next winter and get my duckling in spring. I want this to be right.

We think a lot alike, wanting everything just right. But one thing I have learned is there is always something to be readjusted with the farm life. So enjoy and embrace the chaos :) I have learned to take great pleasure in the once headaches in the farm life. It is just as much a blast as work! Goats jumping on my van or escaping their pen or changing the duck pond water or running outside barefoot in winter to scare away a hawk.....

Back
Top Bottom