In lockdown and streaming!

blzzrdqueen

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Albany NY
Good morning!!! I started out with 14 shipped silkie eggs, and have 9 that made it to lockdown. We are on day 19 today. I am streaming live on Ustream...here is the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/silkie-hatch-cam1

Please follow, it will let you know when we go live. Today is testing, making sure the cam works, lighting is ok and so on, so if you check it out can you let me know that you see the eggs?

They are numbered as follows:

Top Row, Left to Right: 12, 14, 9
Mid Row, Left to Right: 1, 7, 6
Bot Row, Left to Right: 8, 4, 2

Air cells were wonkie but all the chicks were alive and moving around when I candled right before lockdown. I am in a Little Giant still-air incubator. Temp is holding at 101 degrees, and I have the humidity up to 58%, with 4 cups filled with warm water and sponges to get the humidity up. I have one plug out, one in. If I take the other out I lose much of the humidity. Does all this sound ok?? If you look at the cam, I have the eggs set in a styrofome egg carton with holes poked in the bottom, they were in plastic egg cartons during incubation but they had sharp edges so I switched it out before lockdown. Hoping they will be ok this way too. Wanting them to sit air cell up. Please let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks for checking it out and lets hope we have some hatching in the next couple days!

Today is only day 19, so I am not expecting ANY action until at least tomorrow. The BYCer I got my eggs from said she has had some of her eggs hatch on day 20, so here's to hoping to see action tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom