New World Quail

What is your favorite specie of new world quail?

• Valley/California

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gambel

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Mearns/Montezuma

• Mountain

• Bobwhite/mutations of Bobwhite

• Blue Scaled

• Benson/Elegant

• Banded Quail

• Wood Quail

• Total voters

WaterfowlWierdo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Rathdrum, Idaho
Hello, I have gotten into new world quail recently, I have had Northern Bobwhites and Scaled quail for a while now, I received a shipment of Valley quail and Snowflake Bobwhite today. I will also soon be getting White Bobwhites, Benson Quail, Mountain Quail, and Mearns Quail. I should have pictures up of those at the end of the month. ANYWAY This thread is created to talk about new world quail only, feel free to post pictures, talk about breeding, selling, hatching, and even pets.
Here are mine:
The Valley look rough, they were shipped in today, and are just getting their adult plumage, so they are roughed up.

Valley Hen

Snowflake Hen

Northern Bob pair

Blue Scaled pair

Last edited:
Those valleys sure are a late hatch. I never thought I'd see juvenile birds at this time of year.

You are going to love the Snowflake Bob! Much quieter than the standard Bob. Pretty too. The Blue Scale will definitely need some branches or brush added to their area for hidy places. They are very nervous birds and need places to hide to feel secure.

Enjoy your new birds!!

You are going to love the Snowflake Bob! Much quieter than the standard Bob. Pretty too. The Blue Scale will definitely need some branches or brush added to their area for hidy places. They are very nervous birds and need places to hide to feel secure.

Enjoy your new birds!!
Thanks, The snowflake rooster was singing away this morning, which was wierd because he has a hen with him, I am getting another shipment of birds this month, they will be 2 pairs of white bobs, 1 pair of Benson, 1 mountain rooster, and a mearns rooster, so I am waiting to get all of them to figure out all of the pen situations, then I will add brush and what not, and surprisingly the blue scaled have been relatively calm.

Back
Top Bottom