Polish and Frizzles

LindsaySinai

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
San Diego
~~I knew there were some frizzles at the feed store and I've always loved them, so I asked my boyfriend to pick me up two or three. Instead, he got nine, most of which are polish which I'm super excited about. Anyway, I know this isn't a breed question, and they're too young for gender, but I wasn't sure which forum to write in....can you tell me anything about what you see...like what coloring they might be??

Looks like you have a couple White Crested Black Polish, a few Silver Laced Polish, and one(?) Golden Laced Polish. Don't know what the other chicks are.

One of the polish, second one to the left in the top picture is a really pretty brown. It's hard to see his "top-hat" at that angle and the color doesn't hold true in the picture. Which polish ones would have that coloring or is that one of the ones that was already listed?? The rest are the frizzles think. Thank you!!!!

One of the polish, second one to the left in the top picture is a really pretty brown. It's hard to see his "top-hat" at that angle and the color doesn't hold true in the picture. Which polish ones would have that coloring or is that one of the ones that was already listed?? The rest are the frizzles think. Thank you!!!!
I'm pretty sure that one is a Golden Laced Polish, as I can't think of any other colors it could be.

Frizzle isn't a breed, also, it's a feather trait/gene. If they have feathered feet they're probably Cochins (one of the more common Frizzled breeds).

They're cochins. He was told they have a high chance of being frizzles..not a guarantee. And you must be right on the Golden Laced. I looked it up shortly after I posted that and they look pretty identical to the Golden laced chicks. Thank you!!

They're cochins. He was told they have a high chance of being frizzles..not a guarantee. And you must be right on the Golden Laced. I looked it up shortly after I posted that and they look pretty identical to the Golden laced chicks. Thank you!!
Cochins have feathered legs, and do not have crests. Your chicks are Polish.

There are a couple that are not Polish. If you look in the third pic, there are two, maybe three that are not Polish.
Yes, you are right. I missed the black chicks mixed in there. Eyes must be getting old I guess!

Cochins have feathered legs, and do not have crests. Your chicks are Polish.

I'm sorry...that wasn't a very good picture. 6 of them are polish but three are the cochin frizzles(hopefully). The cochins are hiding and off to the side. Here's a better picture....Any way to tell f they'll be frizzles??

Back
Top Bottom