Help 101.3 temperature

GOLD

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
i have a forced air hova bator and the temperature is staying between 100-101.3 and i cant get it to stay any lower. Is this too warm? I'll be putting eggs in tomorrow

Yes it's too warm. You need to be 99.5-100. If you can't get the temperature down you might have a bad thermostat. What model hovabator is this?

I keep the incubator I am using in a spare room with a space heater set at 75 degree's... I have a hova bator still air ( I know not the same) and I have to check it a couple times a day because at night it still is cold outside and the heater runs all night, I know to dial the temp down a bit but then as it warms up during the day and the heater doesn't kick on I need to dial it up a bit.... Running along side it is a borrowed forced air incubator, I don't have to touch it, it is running between 99-100 constantly... Maybe your ambient temperature in the room is too cool?? It does effect the styro incubators..

I have added a fan kit to it.

The room temp is 73ish and it is stable. I was able to get it down to 99- 100 so and it looks pretty stable now so fingers crossed it stays that way

Is the thermostat the wafer thing that you have to put in?

I have added a fan kit to it.

The room temp is 73ish and it is stable. I was able to get it down to 99- 100 so and it looks pretty stable now so fingers crossed it stays that way

Is the thermostat the wafer thing that you have to put in?

Yes the wafer is part of the thermostat. Sounds like you have it adjusted now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom