chick hasnt grown?

elitemittens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Me and my mom hatched eggs out of an incubator for the first time last week saturday! And more have hatched today. One of the chicks from the first batch hasnt grown at all. The chicks that hatched today are bigger than her! Her first three days of life she didnt eat or drink. Then the next three days i forcefed her a mash of chick starter and sugar water. Today she is eating just chick mash on her own. Is there a reason she isnt growing? Should i be concerned? Thank you!

The feeding issue could possibly be the reason for not much growth, just keep feeding and give it water (often if it doesn't start to eat by its self). Does it have any feathers, yet? If nothing works just take it to the vet.
big_smile.png

Me and my mom hatched eggs out of an incubator for the first time last week saturday! And more have hatched today. One of the chicks from the first batch hasnt grown at all. The chicks that hatched today are bigger than her! Her first three days of life she didnt eat or drink. Then the next three days i forcefed her a mash of chick starter and sugar water. Today she is eating just chick mash on her own. Is there a reason she isnt growing? Should i be concerned? Thank you!

A chick is hatched with three days of feed in them that is the very last bit of the egg they take in but I normally give my new hatchlings some hard boiled egg's to much on and one a day per ten chicks and they grow fast that first week ..

These chicks are two weeks old and look at the feathers ...

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
She's been more active today :) she has a little bit of wing feathers. Wouldn't she have grown a little bit since I've been feeding her everyday?
Those two are hatchmates. See how small she is compared to the other?

Back
Top Bottom