what are your favorite breeds of chickens?

feathersunshine

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
the country wilderness
My Coop
My Coop
i currently have silkies, golden comets, old english bantams, white brahmas, white leghorns. what are your favorite breeds, or what breeds do you have at home?
jumpy.gif

My favorites that I have here are my Legacy, Naked neck Turkens, and Delawares. I have GLW's but I don't care for them much. It's a breed I want to get rid of, they are "moody" they boss around all the rest of my hens and even the roosters. We are getting more naked necks, and Delawares, along with adding tons of new breeds including the Buff orpingtons.

i am curious about all the breeds you mentioned. i think the naked necks are BEAUTIFUL and so different. i have had buff orpingtons before, and you will not be dissapointed, they are one of my favorite breeds and their personality is like a child, sweet, loving, and innocent. i named mine sunflower

i am curious about all the breeds you mentioned. i think the naked necks are BEAUTIFUL and so different. i have had buff orpingtons before, and you will not be dissapointed, they are one of my favorite breeds and their personality is like a child, sweet, loving, and innocent. i named mine sunflower

We had a BO rooster last year but he was mean, when he brought blood on my daughter she said he had to go so he got culled. I don't allow roosters to be mean to us humans. However she loves the breed so much. I have easter eggers in the incubator, along with Seramas and game fowl, and tons of surprises in there to.

I have my first Chickens, I have 8 of them.............2 Barred Rocks, 2 White Rocks, 2 Cuckoo Marens and 2 Welsummers......... My wife seams to think I'm obsessed.........:D

that must be so exciting for you and your daughter! i hope you get some beautiful chicks out of those eggs

I sure hope so to, last year we only had 8 babies hatch out of about 60 eggs so it wasn't good. However we loved the 8 that did hatch out. Then the lady sent me more last year to replace the ones that didn't hatch and none of them hatched out of the 24 so I wasn't happy with her at all. I went with buying through e-bay this year. I figured I can't do any worse then last year.

Back
Top Bottom