I NEED HELP!!!!!!

shawn3295

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
McCalla alabama
Ok, here's my scene....... I'm hatching Maraduna basque.
I have my eggs in a pro series incubator. Forced air with automatic egg turner. 99.5* with 55% humidity.
My eggs will bust a peep then open a good crack.
I then move them to another incubator. With no egg turner at 99.5* 65% humidity.
Where they will continue to Make around 1/4" crack nearly all the way around. All the while there chirping in the egg. Great!!!! No!!!!!
Half will die for no reason.
My question is this........ Why?? Am I doing something wrong????
Please help. I'm very new to this and I'm trying to have a good hatch.
Thanks

Ok, here's my scene....... I'm hatching Maraduna basque.
I have my eggs in a pro series incubator. Forced air with automatic egg turner. 99.5* with 55% humidity.
My eggs will bust a peep then open a good crack.
I then move them to another incubator. With no egg turner at 99.5* 65% humidity.
Where they will continue to Make around 1/4" crack nearly all the way around. All the while there chirping in the egg. Great!!!! No!!!!!
Half will die for no reason.
My question is this........ Why?? Am I doing something wrong????
Please help. I'm very new to this and I'm trying to have a good hatch.
Thanks
If you are moving them - or even opening the incubator at all, once they have cracked the shell, they are probably being "shrink wrapped," so to speak, by the inner membrane. Interrupting the humidity level, even momentarily, after the first pip, can be detrimental. I would suggest moving them to your hatching incubator about day 18, so that you have them moved before anyone pips.

Back
Top Bottom