Want Pullets-So Hard to Find!!!

SkilletLicker

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 27, 2014
So I have looked everywhere for pullets (I only want three or four) that will be available mid May. All I can really find are chicks and not juveniles/pullets. I don't want to invest in all the equipment for chicks nor do I want to leave them in a bedroom while I work full time. I am apprehensive to order from a distant location but I am willing to drive within a three hour radius from San Jose, CA. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for colorful egg layers who will be great for young children (and me!!).
I've searched: Craigslist, BackYard Chickens, My Pet Chicken, and local working farms.
Anyone?

Last edited:
Keep checking the places you already are, but you may have to open up you acceptance to something you might not find ideal. Its like shopping for a car: You're going to have a hard time finding a low mileage, late model, import convertible, yellow, orange leather seats, 30 mpg, automatic transmission, etc. . . . Chickens are the same way. If its exactly what you're looking for, it's probably not for sale.

Hello. I generally buy my pullets from Dare2Dream Farms. They are in Lompac but deliver all over California including San Jose and the Bay Area. I have had birds delivered to my home in LA and also visited their farm for pick up and have never had a compliant.

Available birds and a calendar with delivery dates and prices are on their site.

http://www.dare2dreamfarms.com/

Back
Top Bottom