My Pet Chicken vs Meyer Hatchery

Yes many of Mypetchicken's chicks come from Meyer and other hatcheries. You pay more for the middleman, and Meyer will ship as few as 3-4 chicks at a time.

I lost all my baby chicks ordered from My Pet Chicken last week due to unthinking people at the Omaha Post office. My order this week came direct from Meyer. I can tell you that Meyer has been amazing and wonderful, they have done more than they needed to do to help me get through the horribleness of last week even though it wasn't their order. I will always now only go through Meyer directly, their people are wonderful and there is a real conflict that exist when you are dealing with the middle man as some called My Pet Chicken and the conflict is not created by Meyer. I could say alot more but will not. I just will always suggest to everyone to go directly to Meyer Hatchery!

I placed an order from My Pet Chicken (fulfilled by Meyer). I am very satisfied with my experience!

The chicks shipped from Ohio on Monday morning and had arrived at my post office in Washington State less than 24 hours later. All 18 chicks arrived alive, healthy, and active.

I thought about going directly though Meyer but I really liked the website interface of My Pet Chicken better. I wanted a large variety of chicks, and ended up ordering 10 different kinds. My Pet Chicken allows you to sort breeds by the date available. I know I wanted a hatch date of June 23rd, so it was easy as pie to simply select that date and see all of the kinds of chickens that I could order. At the Meyer website I had to go though each breed, make note of the dates, and then compare to see what I could get and when,

I found the customer service to be excellent; I spoke with three different folks over the course of five on tsh and they were always happy to answer my questions and help adjust my order when I had a change to make.

I do like the interface with My Pet Chicken to! It is very great you can sort by date. ( You can actually use that sorting to know what is available at Meyer though as it matches up). And the people that answer the phone are wonderful there, Les, Maryann, Joyce are among the best and always helpful. The problem is...if there is a problem, its hard to get it taken care of because...they have no access, or they aren't allowed to do something, or their is nothing they can do about something cause its not their policy it is the hatcheries. Not having the middle man I discovered this week gives people power to make good customer service decisions which Meyer did for me.

Meyer hatchery they have great chick's and are cheaper here's pic's. White chick's are from tsc.

Anyone have any opinions on order day olds from either of these Hatcheries?

I ordered from Meyer. I received the chicks the first day they said I should. The chicks were very healthy. I ordered a "Meyer Meal Maker" so I received an extra chick. One of the males was a whiner from the beginning and died third day after arrival. The other chicks were very healthy. I lost half a dozen to coccidiosis (in my soil, not something they brought from the hatchery), so I've ordered 2 dozen to replace them (chicken math, you know).
wink.png

Anyway, the ones I treated for cocci are all very healthy, the ones that didn't make it were probably too far gone when I noticed the first one with symptoms; they all died on the same day. Again, the coccidiosis is my fault; I'm mentioning it to inform you that, if you order a hearty breed, that's what you're going to get.

Back
Top Bottom